Monica Pasqual, Sara Lovell, Josh McClain and I went to New York to accept awards for our work on 3 different albums. Turns out we won 5 awards that night at the Independent Music Awards.
Here’s a video from Chelsea Sofia called “The Tide.”
I won a Telly for a commercial about CeRam Kote. It was produced by Zane Rutledge.
BZ Lewis just wrote the book on being an engineer! It’s called “Take 232 Always a Charm- How to Survive Owning a Recording Studio.” It’s available on iTunes! The book is also available on Amazon Kindle, Nook, and a paperback version is available on lulu.com
We’ve gone Green! The Studio just went Solar! We generate enough power from our solar panels that we have extra to sell back to PG&E for all the daytime sessions. Thanks SunRun!
We just updated to Pro Tools Ultimate with the new HDX Card. We’re all powerful now, no one can stop us. We’re also maintaining a separate Pro Tools Version 9 set-up for all of our previous clients.
Check out the new video by Mariama Whyte “My Innocence and My Shame"! The music was recorded here at the studio:)
Check out the new video by Kri$tz on MTV!!! The music was done here at the studio:)
- BZ Lewis, Monica Pasqual, Sara Lovell, and Josh McClain attended the Independent Music Awards in New York, and brought home 5 awards in the process.
- BZ wins another Telly award for music composed for “The Spring, a documentary about the spring in Big Spring, Texas.
- Eric Barnett made Guitar Player Magazine after mixing at the studio.
- BZ was asked by the Grammy society to be on a panel at the Music For Visual Media Conference.
- BZ won another Emmy on June 9th of 2012. That's the 6th Emmy for BZ. "This is getting ridiculous- where to keep them all? Now there's 11 Emmys between BZ and Monica".
- Points North just released a new video from their debut album they mixed here. Their album debuts at #1 on Amazon.com!
- Check out the new video by The Titans.
- After using ProTools since 1989, I finally got my ProTools certification. OK- my Dad had ProTools back then (Sound Tools), but still.
- Blame Sally has a new Live album, and soon to be a DVD.
- Check out the new Google ad for the Galaxy Nexus phone. Over 5 MILLION views- so far. The music was composed/recorded here.
- BZ gives a Lecture on October 25th at the University of Texas at Austin.
- PopTuna wins two more Emmys on June 11. That's the 5th Emmy for BZ. "This is getting ridiculous- where to keep them all? Now there's 9 Emmys between BZ and Monica".
- The June edition of Bass Player Magazine (page 73) features an ad for Daring Audio's "Edge Activator" Pedal with BZ as their sexy spokesperson.
- We got featured in MusicPage.com
- Blame Sally's new album "Speeding Ticket and a Valentine" climbs up to #24 in the Americanna Music Association's radio charts! The album was mixed by BZ Lewis.
- Also, check out their interview in East Bay Express.
- Chief Engineer BZ Lewis received 3 Emmys out of 7 nominations for 2008-2009. "Boy, these statues sure look nice atop the speakers"
- Check out the track for SONY PLAYSTATION'S Guitar Hero III "GOD OF WAR".
- Congratulations to Studio 132 recording artists Blame Sally, Almost Dead and Alien Sex Cult for making the Grammy nomination's long list for 2009. Best of Luck! Kudos go out to BZ and Tumbleweed Smith for their Grammy entries for 2008, Blame Sally and Miko Marks for their Grammy entries for 2007, and to Jessie Turner, Ira Marlowe, and MD 20/20 for their Grammy entries for 2006.
- Drum Magazine votes Studio 132 as one of the best places to record live drums, May 2003.
- Nissan uses three songs from Studio 132 for national TV ads.
- Fox network's Emmy award-winning The Shield uses music recorded at Studio 132.
- The Diamond Galaxy was awarded the Just Plain Folks Award (May, 2003) for "Best New Industrial Album" and "Best Industrial Song" for their album Technophiliac, recorded at Studio 132. This music was chosen out of 100,000 entries.
- Music recorded at Studio 132 now in Broadjam top ten!